Do you want to get the cheapest home content insurance?
Then you are guaranteed just that if you take the time to read and apply these…
1. It pays to purchase more than a policy from the same insurance carrier as this will bring huge savings. This makes you eligible for a multi-policy discount. Although you’ll get discounts for buying multiple policies from the same insurance company, you may save more by buying each of your policies from different insurers.
2. You can enjoy more affordable premiums if you’re retired. But bear in mind, though, that not all insurance carriers give this discount.
The reason for this discount is the fact that having someone almost always at home makes a home a better risk. Furthermore, Fires can be easily noticed and put off if someone is always at home.
3. Have you stayed with your home insurer for up to three years? Then make a demand for a loyalty discount. But despite the fact that you’ll qualify for a loyalty discount if you stay put with one insurer for three years and more, don’t continue with an insurance company that long just because of that.
If it is about spending less, you’ll almost always be able to pay cheaper than you are paying at any point in time. The secret is doing thorough shopping. Make a list of insurance carriers that you’ve never obtained quotes from and obtain and compare quotes from them.
4. There’s the possibility that you could spend less on home insurance if you spend time going through your policy either whenever there’s a considerable change in your house or just always once of twice annually. That hand-woven rug Aunt Molly gave you might not really be worth the $10,000 you insured it for presently.
You will save and still have enough coverage by lowering your home insurance coverage accordingly if it has dropped in its worth. However, a review may reveal it’s now worth a lot more and that you have to buy more coverage.
5. You might be amazed to hear that you might not be taking advantage of half the discounts that you might be eligible for. Knowledge is the first step to getting what you’re eligible for. Tell your home insurance agent to tell you every discount obtainable and what you need to do to take advantage of them. That an insurance company doesn’t publicize certain discounts does not mean they don’t have them.
6. The most vital key to getting the cheapest contents insurance is comparison shopping — That’s if you do it correctly. You can get quotes that will have a difference that exceeds $1,000 (if you have substantial content to insure). You could conveniently save so much by just picking the lowest quote. This should apply if you’re just after the lowest price.
Nevertheless, if you want the best price/value then you’d have to look at the details of the cheapest quotes. Different home insurers may have different exclusions for similar policies. It’s wise to be sure of what’s included and what’s excluded.
Therefore, start now: Get and compare quotes…